Start on site early? Need a takeaway breakfast?
I was blown away by the number of vehicles I saw in a local takeaway drive-through at 6:30am last week! A healthy, nourishing breakfast isn’t hard work people. I want to share with you this delicious, incredibly quick and easy meal packed full of goodness! It’s the perfect meal to prepare in the evening and gives you a week of on-the-go breakfasts!
Eggs are an excellent source of healthy fats, protein (providing 5.5grams per 68 calorie serving and all 9 essential amino acids), with less than 0.5 grams of carbs! Eggs are also a great source of various vitamins and minerals.
Here is my go to bacon and eggs meal when I’m out the door early in the morning.
Makes Six Serves
- 12 rashes of streaky bacon (grass-fed)
- 12 eggs (local, pasture-raised)
- Baby spinach
- Mushrooms, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Coconut oil (or coconut oil spray)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Take a 12 muffin tray and grease each mould with a little coconut oil (or give each mould a spray)
- Line each mould with a piece of bacon
- Place a couple of baby spinach leaves on the bottom of each mould followed by some of the diced mushrooms
- Crack an egg in to each mould
- Sprinkle a little of the grated parmesan cheese on top
- Bake for about 20 to 25mins in the oven
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve warm
Store the leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge and grab a couple each morning for your breakfast on-the-go!
The best thing about bacon and eggs… they aren’t just for breakfast. Try combining these super healthy muffins with a big ass salad for lunch or dinner!